You have heard of it tossed around, I refer to it often. But what is it and what does it mean? Here is how it is defined:
“Epigenetics is the study of mechanisms that switch genes on or off. It is involved in every aspect of life and such reversible, heritable changes affect the way we live as well as our future generations.”
Or the study of changes in organisms (your cells) caused by modification of gene expression rather than alteration of the genetic code itself.
What does it all mean? Simply put, Your health is in your hands, while you may choose to blame mom, dad or even great grandpa for the bad genes they passed on to you, whether it’s your high blood pressure, your fluffiness, your diabetes, or the Thyroid autoimmune causing makeup, the science is clear, you can change, reverse and switch it on or off!!
It is influenced by and will require you to make what I call lifestyle changes in the following 5 areas…
- Starting with you nutrition, eating the right foods, in the right quantities from the right source.
- Change your fitness, for some of you maybe the lack of it, and in some cases too much of it.
- Improve your sleep, you may try to convince yourself that 4 hours is more that your need, do a little research and you will start thinking differently.
- Managing your stress, this is a big one and we hardly think about it, though we hear about it all time. I’m sure you’ve heard of the saying, stress can kill ya!
- And of course helping your body eliminate toxins! This is a big one. I know you are thinking I don’t have toxins, think again, there are over 80K different chemicals in our food supply alone!
Will cover each of the above topics in more details in future posts, in the meantime, rest assured that every Indulge Right product is designed to support you in each and every lifestyle area mentioned above. Every one of them is related to the other in the way your body, your physiology and biology act and react. Think of it as a cascading domino effect.