Chef Varouj here, founder of Indulge Right Foods.
Your recipe for today is a Caramelized Apple Pie. This is not your usual pie. It’s time-consuming and not the most budget-friendly, but worth it! Hope you enjoy.
Sinfully Delicious, Completely Guilt-Free Gluten-Free Allergen-Free Keto, Paleo, and Diabetic Safe
Vegan Caramelized Apple Pie
Prep Time: 30 Mins | Cook Time: 1 Hour 10 Mins | Total Time: 1 Hours 40 Mins
Yield: One 10″ Pie
*This is not your usual pie. It’s time-consuming and not the most budget-friendly, but worth it.*
- 1 Package Indulge Right Foods Pie & Biscuit Flour Blend®
- 5 Pounds Granny Smith Apple, Peeled And Sliced
- 2 Jars Indulge Right® Apple Cinnamon Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- Prepare the pie crust as directed on the package.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4″ slices.
- Using a large pot, add apples and 1 jar of caramel sauce cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the juices are released, the apples subside, and the sauce thickens.
Assembling The Pie:
- Brush the pie crust with melted coconut oil or vegan butter and mount with the apples and some of the Apple Cinnamon Caramel Sauce, use ALL the apples.
- Decorate the top with strips of pie dough.
- Place your pie pan on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Serve any remaining caramel sauce with the pie.