- Fresh Butter - June 29, 2022
- Quick and Easy Zucchini and Squash Side Dish - June 29, 2022
- Chicken In Red Wine Sauce - June 29, 2022
Chef Varouj here, founder of Indulge Right Foods. Welcome to Indulge Right In The Kitchen.
Today’s video is very special for me because I have my aunt next to me. I used to go to her house and ask, “Hey, can you make a cake?” So today after 30 years here we are in my kitchen, in a whole different country and continent, here we are making a cake together and we’re making it with Indulge Right Foods products!
We’re going to make a chocolate cake. No-fail, hard to mess it up. Really, just follow the recipe. So this one is just chocolate chiffon cake. You can turn it into cupcakes, muffins, whatever you prefer.
Gluten-free | Sugar-free
Makes one 10” cake or 24 cupcakes
- 4 egg Yolks
- ½ cup (120 milliliters) of water
- ⅓ cup (80 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7 milliliters) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (45 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (115 grams) Indulge Right Gluten Free cake flour
- 1 ⅛ cup – packed (200 grams) sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 4 egg whites
- Set oven temperature to 375°F.
- Line cupcake or cake pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whip egg yolks, oil, water, and vanilla just until blended.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, ¼ cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add to egg yolk mixture and whip for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to a foam. Gradually add the remaining sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the egg batter. Fill the cupcake or cake pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for the cupcakes or 25 minutes for the cake. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. When it comes out clean, they are done.