Latest posts by Ashtyn (see all)
- Fresh Butter - June 29, 2022
- Quick and Easy Zucchini and Squash Side Dish - June 29, 2022
- Chicken In Red Wine Sauce - June 29, 2022
Chef Varouj here, founder of Indulge Right Foods.
Today I have a great, refreshing dish for all you vegans. Or use it to treat your vegan friends when they come over for dinner. Better yet, if you’re not vegan, treat yourself to this light and refreshing salad just because!!
Sinfully Delicious, Completely Guilt-Free Gluten-Free Allergen-Free Keto, Paleo, and Diabetic Safe
Kale, Seaweed, Dandelion, And Spinach Salad With Caramel-Sesame Dressing
Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 – 25 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 20 Servings
- 4 Bunches Tuscan Kale, Blanched in salted water
- 4 Bunches Dandelion, Blanched in salted water
- 3 Pounds Baby Spinach
- 12 Ounces Package Seaweed, Shredded (Optional)
- 8 Ounces Shiitake Mushroom Caps, Sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 4 Pears, Sliced
- 4 Apples, Cored and Diced
- 2 English Cucumbers, Sliced
- 2 Bunches Radishes Or 1 Daikon – Radish, Sliced
- 1 Cups Currants or Raisins
- 1 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 ½ Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Indulge Right Foods® Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- Salt And Pepper, To Taste
- Cut stems off the kale and dandelion, blanch for 1-2 minutes in salted water, cool in ice water. DO NOT overcook.
- Save stems for another use or sauté (in batches) in a few drops of sesame oil, cool on a baking sheet, set aside. DO NOT overcook
- Boil seaweed for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Sauté (in batches) sliced mushrooms with a few drops of sesame oil until tender and no longer spongy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Slice/dice cucumbers, radishes, pears, and apples.
- In a small bowl, combine caramel sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper mix with a whisk.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, toss with caramel dressing, and serve.