Chef Varouj here, founder of Indulge Right Foods. Welcome to Indulge Right In The Kitchen.
In this video, I share with you a quick vanilla cake recipe that we have on our cake flour blend package. This is almost a no-fail recipe. The reason why it’s no-fail — we call this a chiffon cake which means you are relying on two different leavenings. One is the baking powder, the second is the egg whites. So you should always get a fluffy, spongy cake. It will be pretty hard to mess up. I can’t think of a way you could mess it up, but again, I don’t want to challenge anybody either. I just follow exactly the same recipe that is on the back of the package.
Gluten-free | Sugar-free
Makes one 10” cake
- 4 egg Yolks
- ½ cup (120 milliliters) of water
- ⅓ cup (80 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7 milliliters) vanilla extract
- 1 cup – packed (200 grams) Indulge Right Gluten Free cake flour
- 1 cup – packed (200 grams) sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line cupcake/cake pans with baking paper and set aside.
- Whip egg yolks, oil, water, and vanilla just until blended.
- Sift together flour, ¼ cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add to egg yolk mixture and whip for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to a foam. Gradually add the remaining sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the egg batter. Fill cupcake or cake pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for the cupcakes or 25 minutes for the cake. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. When it comes out clean, they are done.